Itching to hit the slopes or perhaps go cat-skiing in the Kootenay Rockies? You are in luck!
ALPINE MOUNTAIN SKIING:
- Fairmont Hot Springs Ski Resort offers everything for a great day of the slopes. With soft snow, 14 runs, two terrain parks and a tube park, there is an adventure for everyone. Enjoy the uncrowded trails, fast-moving lift lines, and panoramic views of the Columbia Valley and the rugged Rocky Mountains
- Fernie Alpine Resort receives an average of 9m (30ft) of legendary powder each season and attracts a wide range of skiers and riders from around the globe. With over 2,500 acres of skiable terrain, 142 runs, 5 alpine bowls, state-of-the-art snowmaking and grooming equipment, an exceptional beginner’s area, Fernie is a true winter playground.
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is know as the “Champagne Power Capital of Canada” with more than 2,800 acres of skiable terrain, 121 runs, four alpine bowls, 85 chutes and 1,260m (4,133ft) of vertical – the fourth highest in North America. The resort also offers 5 lifts including the high-speed, eight passenger Golden Eagle Express Gondola. Eagle’s Eye Restaurant (with overnight accommodation), located at the top of the Gondola and is Canada’s highest elevated dining experience.
- Kimberley Alpine Resort – Small town charm combined with sunny days and reliable snow conditions – light, fluffy, “Purcell” powder and nearly no lift lineups – you can log powder filled run after run at this wonderful resort. If the prospect of skiing under the starts intrigues you, Kimberley Alpine Resort has one of North America’s longest illuminated runs.
- Panorama Mountain Resort – Where the best of creature comforts are bordered by stunning wilderness and a vast 2,975 acres of patrolled, skiable terrain – from beginner-perfect groomed trails to wide rolling cruisers.
- Monster X – a beastly snowcat that’s roomy enough to take a dozen powder hunters to the furthest reaches of the biggest terrain. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that this is a guided cat-skiing experience, it’s not! Instead, think of Monster X like a really cool shuttle service to some awesome, bug mountain terrain that you’ll want to lap again and again.
- Private Cat – Do you have a cohort that is looking for an incredible day? You and up to 12 friends can have the Monster X SnowCat all to yourself for the day to get you from the Ktunaxa pick up point to the top of Goldie Plateau.
- Chatter Creek Mountain Lodge – Chatter is known for it’s large and spectacular terrain. Ski or snowboard on the mind-blowing powder snow in 58,000 acres of alpine bowls, stunning glaciers and endless tree runs
- Great Canadian Heli-Skiing – Have you ever tried to describe an experience that’s so powerful, meaningful and impactful that you can’t find words to describe it? Great Canadian Heli-Skiing is in business of best days ever!
- Purcell Heli-Skiing – Over 50,000 people have received amazing memories with Purcell Heli-Skiing
- RK Heli-Ski – For over 50 seasons, RK Heli-ski has been sharing passion for deep powder Canadian heli-skiing and snowboarding