Activities to do
Office life, small spaces, traffic, noise pollutions, commuting and hectic schedules all conspire to turn ordinary human beings into stressed out, time-stared, nervous wrecks.
Fortunately there is another way! We are the peaceful garden that is humanity’s birthright. http://youtu.be/O5uOtHp4viw
The Columbia Valley with it’s natural mineral hot springs, weather, lakes, beaches, ski hills, scenery, golf courses and peaceful ambiance, represents a “no-side effects” cure for what ails city dwellers.
It provides an unhurried asylum for the stressed, the overworked, and the anxious – all in one valley!
Recharge your depleted batteries….Save your tortured souls.
Whether you’re looking for an adrenaline rush or a relaxing getaway, KOOTENAY ADVENTURE COLLECTIVE has you covered! Their local expert staff will be able to connect you with all of the activity providers in the Columbia Valley to make your next adventure an incredible one.
Far Out Gear Rental in Radium Hot Springs has been providing outdoor adventures & products to visitors since 2015. If you have arrived in the Columbia Valley but need to rent equipment for your adventure, they will be able to help you.
Columbia Valley has many events and activities to entertain locals as well as guests. We advertise these events on our Facebook page – Mountainside Vacation Villas at Fairmont OR Invermere BC Events has a complete listing.
- Climbing Wall – Located at the Invermere JA Laird School
- Columbia Valley Escape Rooms – Experience an exciting and immersive escape room challenge
- Golden Skybridge – Reach out and touch the sky on Canada’s highest suspension bridge
- Mountain View Resort and Suites – Relax, unwind and enjoy the outdoor water park which includes an outdoor pool, a splash park, 2 hot tubs and a waterslide.
- Ozzie’s Amusements – Offering 18 holes of fun as well as go-karts
- Scootin Kootenay Tours – SegwayX2 devices that will take you off main street and provide off-road beautiful scenery and nature experiences
- Valley Alley Bowling in Windermere – 250-342-2695
- Liquid Rush Kayaks and Tube Rentals – Water sports equipment rentals in Canal Flats contact 250 341-2242.
- Columbia River Paddle – Offering hydrobikes, canoe, kayak and SUP lessons and tours
- Fairmont Outpost & Outdoors – River tube and SUP rentals
- On a hot summer day, there is nothing better that enjoying the day floating down the river! Highly recommended is the float down beautiful Columbia River. Tubes can be rented at Fairmont Outpost
- Looking for the best hiking trails in Invermere? Click on the link ALLTRAILS-INVMERE. AllTrails Invermere has 25 scenic trails in the Invermere area.
- East Kootenay Mountain Guides can provide your family with a positive introduction to the rewarding sports such as rock climbing, mountaineering, scrambling & ski touring
- PlayWest Mountain Experience are here to guide you away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and immerse you into incredible hiking trails.
- Alpine Rafting – The adventures offered provide things that simply cannot be put into words
- Kootenay River Runners – Whitewater rafting the Purcell and Rocky Mountains since 1976
- Wild Water Adventures – The crew of Wild Water Adventures take great pride in meeting, greeting and guiding each and every guest down the Kicking Horse River
- Toby Creek Adventures offers year-round adventure experiences including snowmobile & ATV tours
- Glacier Helicopters is the ultimate way to discover the Columbia Valley by air!
- Revolutions Adventures offer guided angling in the Columbia Valley
- A Bar Z Mountain Adventure – Their goal is to give their guests the adventures of a lifetime and leave them with a story they won’t forget.
- Luxor Corrals offer guided trail rides on friendly well-trained horses and mules.
Whether you are interested in skating, snowshoeing, or ice fishing, you can find it on Lake Windermere. Keep an eye out for annual events that take place on the lake, including the Snowflake Festival and outdoor Curling Bonspiel. If you need skates, you will be able to find rental equipment at Far Out Gear Rentals in Radium Hot Springs. Remember that Radium Hot Springs and Fairmont Hot Springs mineral pools can provide the warm relief after a day on the lake.
- Cross-country skiing – Lake Windermere offers a groomed track for cross-county skiing along side of the Lake Windermere Whiteway
- Ice fishing enthusiasts can rent the gear needed from Revolutions Adventures
- Skaters can tour the world’s longest skating path on the Lake Windermere Whiteway. Take a look at the Whiteway, and what it has to offer through this video: https://youtu.be/LIiG3f_nrkM
- Mineral Mountain Zipline – Prepare to take flight in the ride of a lifetime across Fairmont Creek
- Valley Zipline Adventures – 7 lines to send you zig-zagging across Dry Gulch valley